Thornes House Grammar School
MAIN INDEX PAGE
The School Badge shown
in the Title Bar is the Milnes-Gaskell family crest in royal blue & gold.
Thornes House was built by the family in 1781-82.
They gave permission for the school to use the family crest after they sold the house to Wakefield Corporation in 1927.
The site is divided into 7 sections as shown below.
CLICK ANYWHERE ON THE IMAGES BELOW TO GO TO THE START OF THAT SECTION
Brief History of Thornes House
Fire of 1951
The School Today
Annual Reunions 2002 - 2012
click anywhere on the title below
BACK TO THE HOME PAGE